Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Nevada
From hand-curated trails to wide-open spaces, Nevada has no shortage of sights for bicycle enthusiasts. The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning group establishes bicycle routes throughout the state and develops Statewide Bicycle Plans and Statewide Bicycle Touring Maps, and their work continues as more and more people take up cycling.
While bicycles are an increasing common form of transportation for many residents as well as visitors to Nevada, bicyclists are susceptible to serious injuries when they are involved in accidents. Collisions with motor vehicles can frequently result in devastating injuries that involve overwhelming medical bills, significant lost wages, and immense pain and suffering.
Need an Injury Lawyer Nevada represents clients injured in bicycle crashes in communities all over Nye County, Clark County, Washoe County, Carson City, Lyon County, Elko County, and Douglas County. Our experienced Nevada personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly to make sure that you obtain every last dime of compensation you are entitled to.
Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries in Nevada
Bicyclists are not afforded the same level of outward and structural protection as occupants of motor vehicles. As a result, the injuries that cyclists suffer are frequently much worse than others involved in the accident.
Fractures and broken bones are perhaps the most common kinds of injuries sustained in bicycle crashes. Other more serious types of harm may include:
- Road Rash
- Herniated Discs
- Internal Organ Damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Causes of Nevada Bicycle Accidents
Drivers are generally required to share the roads with bicyclists. Many bicycle accidents are the result of some kind of motorist negligence.
Common kinds of negligence in bicycle crashes include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or a prohibited substance
- Reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signals or traffic control devices
- Improper turns
In more urban areas of Nevada, it is not uncommon for bicyclists to be seriously injured in so-called “dooring” accidents. Such incidents involve occupants of motor vehicles opening doors to automobiles without looking for oncoming cyclists, leaving bicyclists powerless to avoid collisions.
Following any bicycle accident, most victims will want to make sure they immediately do two things:
- Receive medical attention. This is important even for people who do not think they were seriously hurt as not only do some serious injuries involve delayed symptoms but insurance companies will also use any delay in treatment to argue injuries were not as severe as claimed.
- Seek legal representation. It is important to contact an attorney before speaking to an insurer because insurance company representatives are trained to try and get victims to unknowingly make statements that have very damaging effects on their claims. You can avoid any consequential conversations by having legal counsel represent you in all negotiations with insurers.
Find a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Nevada
If you sustained catastrophic injuries or your loved one was killed in a bicycle crash caused by another party’s negligence in Nevada, it is in your best interest to quickly contact Need an Injury Lawyer Nevada. Our firm represents residents and visitors all over the Silver State on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay if you receive a monetary award.
We can be reached 24/7 to set up a free consultation that will allow our attorneys to provide a complete evaluation of your case.